As part of our curriculum, we teach children about staying safe online. We also run parent workshops – keep an eye out for dates in the weekly newsletter.
In our increasingly digital world, we need to make sure that children make sensible choices about their online activity. Please talk to your child about this and play an active role in keeping them safe when they are using computers, video games, tablets or mobile phones.
Key messages to share with your child:
- Never share anything with anyone if they wouldn't want their teacher to see - think before you post!
- Make sure they know who to talk to if they feel uncomfortable, upset or worried.
- If they are not sure, check with you!
- Never communicate online with anyone they don't know and trust in the real world.
- Keep personal information private.
- Don't send anything to anyone they wouldn't want to receive themselves, and don't share other people's content.
Click on the images below to find out more
Lots of useful resources for parents and children from The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.
Site specifically designed to give advice to parents about lots of different issues, from e-safety to eating disorders.
UK Safer Internet Centre
Advice about topics like social networking as well as how-to guides for setting up filters & parent settings.