Primary Sport Premium Funding
Primary schools reveive specific funding which is to be spent on improving the provision of Physical Education and sport for the benefit of pupils so that they develop healthy lifestyles.
At Bishop William Ward the annual grant we receive is £17,756. This money is being used to:
- fund sports coaches to work within the school, delivering high quality PE lessons.
- provide additional after school sports clubs, including football and multi-sports activities.
- engage more widely in local inter-school events, leagues and competitions.
- Purchase resources to increase access to a more diverse range of sport on offer in PE lessons, including archery, golf and taekwondo.
- Make significant improvements to the outdoor space in order to facilitate more effective PE lessons and increase sporting activity during break times.
This has provided the school with increased opportunities to engage and enthuse children in sporting activities. Sporting coaches bring greater expertise to the school and the impact on the children’s enthusiasm and understanding of healthy lifestyles has been evidenced in the uptake and demand for after school sporting clubs. Teachers have worked alongside coaches to develop their own skills with regard to delivering high quality PE lessons.